Metropolia University of Applied Sciences has been awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) for the years 2021-2027. The charter confirms that Metropolia can participate in Erasmus+ mobility and projects.
Please see our
Metropolia's Erasmus+ activities cover mobility cooperation with an extensive network of European institutions. In addition, Metropolia has received Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility funding with the following partner institutions outside the European higher education area:
- Australia: La Trobe University
- Canada: Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Lakehead University and University of Saskatchewan
- India: Chitkara University
- Kosovo: Heimerer College
- Malaysia: Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Namibia: Namibia University of Science and Technology
- South Africa: Durban University of Technology
- Sri Lanka: University of Colombo, International Institute of Health Sciences
- United States of America: Texas Tech University and Weber State University
Metropolia has also had cooperation with the following institutions in finished project cycles: Lingnan University (Hong Kong), Zarqa University (Jordan), Universidad de Monterrey (Mexico), Unitec Institute of Technology (New Zealand) and Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology (Thailand).
Moreover, Metropolia coordinates and is a partner in several Erasmus+ strategic partnerships and capacity building projects.
ECTS-based study system
Metropolia uses the criteria of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) as the basis for high quality curriculum design. Metropolia was also awarded the ECTS Label for the years 2013-2016 as a recognition of high quality and transparency of studies.