A Bold Reformer of Expertise and an Active Builder of Sustainable Future
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates future professionals in the fields of Business, Culture, Health Care and Social Services, and Technology. Metropolia is a community of 16,200 students and more than 1,000 experts.
In Metropolia, people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being. Metropolia is a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future. Our phenomena-based innovation hubs enable new ways to learn, create solutions and do multidisciplinary cooperation.
With our new strategy 2030, we aim for making a stronger impact for the benefit of society, by putting people first. Our strategic intent is to be a bold reformer of expertise and an active builder of a sustainable future.
Metropolia in brief
- 16,200 students
- 2,794 Bachelor’s and 477 Master’s graduates in 2019
- Staff 930
- 71 degree programmes - 14 of them in English
- 43 Bachelor's degree programmes - 6 of them in English
- 28 Master's degree programmes - 8 of them in English
- Most popular UAS in Finland in terms of applicants: 3.1 first-choice applicants per
study place in 2019
- 900 foreign degree students, nearly 90 nationalities
- Budget in 2019 EUR 97 million. Turnover and other operational income totalled EUR 98.3 million, a growth of 2.2 per cent from the previous year.
- Publicly funded and owned by Cities of Helsinki (42%), Espoo (27 %), Vantaa (26%), Kirkkonummi (4%) and Kauniainen (1%)
- R&D&I total volume in 2019 was about EUR 13.3 million