Objective of the project is to compile an updated online database of film production terminology for expert use and resource for teachers.
FilmTerm database is created in cooperation between seven partners:
- The research team of Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School of Tallinn University (BFM) consists of following researchers: Veiko Vaatmann, Margit Maran, Jaak Lõhmus, Toomas Sääs and Elen Lotman. For the BFM's research team the current project is a logical continuation of prior research into the film art terminology, conducted as a part of the “Programme of Estonian Language Terminology 2013–2017” of the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research.
- The members of the research team of NGO Estonian Film Database (EFIS) are Reet Sokmann, film producer at F-Seitse, and Hagi Shein, the lecturer of television studies in the Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School of Tallinn University. EFIS received a grant from Estonian Terminology Society in 2008 (Contract nr.02-10/2008) and completed a volume of more than 500 basic terms used in film and television.
- National Film School of the Latvian Academy of Culture (NFS)
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- University of Tartu Viljandi Culture Academy
- Lusófona University (UL)
- The International Association of Film and Television Schools (CILECT)
The project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
Johanna Wartio, Project Manager
Johanna.Wartio [at] metropolia.fi
For additional information and to volunteer in the project please contact info [at] filmterm.com